Become a member!
ACR offers several categories of Membership. To learn more about Membership Eligibility and how to join the ACR, please click here.
You also can contact the ACR Membership Department:
Monday through Friday, between 8:30am and 5pm ET.
Who We Are
We are the state chapter of the American College of Radiology (ACR). The purposes of SOCRAD shall be those of the ACR:
- To advance the science of radiology
- Improve radiologic service to the patient
- Study the socioeconomic aspects of the practice of radiology, and
- Encourage improved and continuing education for radiologists and allied professional fields.
- To promote the knowledge of the radiology specialty and its applications and limitations throughout the medical community
- To create and recommend laws and bylaws to regulate and guarantee the quality and purity of the radiology practice and subspecialties for the people’s benefit, and
- To encourage the scientific and cultural interchange with radiological societies of other countries or states of our nation.
2021 - 2023 Board of Directors
Alvin Almodóvar, MD – President
Mayra Maldonado, MD– President Elect
Dennis Pérez, MD, FACR – Vice President
Miguel Román, MD – Secretary
Juan Amador, MD – Sub Secretary
Edward McBurney, MD – Treasurer
Iván G. Ramirez, MD – Sub Treasurer
Gory Ballester, MD – Past President
Jorge Vidal, MD, FACR– ACR Councilor
Francisco Arraiza, MD – ACR Councilor
Liana Medina, MD – Alternate Councilor
Amanda Marrero, MD – Alternate Councilor
Rayda Hernández Guasch, MD, FACR – ACR Fellows Committee
Andrea Ruiz, MD and Andrea Saldaña, MD – Radiology Residents Representatives